Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall 2010

I figured if I called this "Fall", I could get caught up, especially with the first day of school pictures from two months ago! This year Taylor started High School and is a Freshman at Cedar High. He seems to love it and has transitioned really well. Ashlee is in 7th grade and continues to do great. She has a 4.0 so far this year. Lindsey is in 4th grade, loves her teacher, Mr. Shirley, and is also doing really well. Breanna is in 1st grade and has adjusted well to going to school all day. She loves her teacher, Mrs. Robb, and continues to do well also. Tim is still teaching 4th grade at Iron Springs, and he is having a good year. He is really enjoying his class this year. I had the opportunity to move from Fiddlers to South Elementary, where Breanna and Lindsey go to school. It's a long story of how it worked out, and the Lord's hand was definitely in it. I LOVE, LOVE being at the girls' school, being close to home, and the people I work with. I get to be in charge of 17 Kindergartners for an hour everyday, and it's honestly my favorite part of the new job. I also teach reading groups to 4th and 5th graders, and I'm starting to enjoy that more as I learn the program that we use better.

In September we attended a football game at Cedar High where Lindsey got to cheer for the first quarter. She had practiced all week with the High School cheerleaders and about 50 other girls as part of the Jr. Cheer program. She did great and had a lot of fun. It was a really exciting game to attend as well, since it went into double overtime! Unfortunately, we lost by a field goal.

At the beginning of October we enjoyed General Conference, and watched Tim finish yet another St. George marathon. There was record heat this year, so it was really tough for all of the runners. He is amazing!  Last weekend we also enjoyed the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation's Buddy Walk. We went to the park where they had a big blow-up slide and bounce houses, games, face painting, and lunch, plus, of course, the "Buddy Walk" around the park. It was all free and lots of fun. Our neighbors, the Stuckis, came as well. We appreciate their love and support!

This past weekend has been Harvest Holiday. We were all out of school Thursday and Friday, and will also be off tomorrow (Monday). We've had fun relaxing and getting some stuff done around the house. On Friday we went to St. George and saw "Nanny McPhee Returns" at the dollar theater. Yesterday we had a great time at the pumpkin patch in Paragonah, picking out pumpkins and taking a hay ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment