Saturday, December 12, 2009

Feeling Grateful

Today I had a million places to be at once. I had choir practice for the community's Handel's Messiah this morning from 9-12. I had forgotten to get Ashlee's shirt for her basketball game and needed to get it before I went home after the practice. Lindsey had a basketball clinic at 12 and Ashlee's game started on the other side of town at 1. As I was contemplating how in the world I was going to be several places at once, a thought struck me. With the pregnancy before last, I had lost the baby at this point. With the last pregnancy, I had injured my back at this point and was completely down in bed, then lost the baby 3 months later. Wow. Suddenly I was filled with gratitude that I had a million places to go and that I COULD go to them!! And that I am 11 weeks pregnant and everything is well! (I guess this would be my first official announcement on my blog-- I'm pregnant!)

With Tim's help we were able to get everyone where they needed to be and everything turned out great. This was the first practice of the "Messiah" with all of the solos and the orchestra. I cried from the very beginning as the orchestra played because it was so beautiful. Then I cried again when I heard for the first time one of the soloist sing, "I Know that My Redeemer Liveth". The Spirit was very strong the entire time, and bore witness to me again of Christ's divinity. I am so grateful that He is my Saviour! It is so amazing to be able to shout, "Wonderful, Councelor, The Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace!" and feel the power of those true words. Handel was truly inspired! I am grateful for people with amazing God-given musical talent who are willing to share with the rest of us! (And I'm hoping that I got all of my crying out so that I can keep it together for the performances tomorrow and Monday nights!)

It was fun to cheer Ashlee on in her first ever basketball game of the season, too. She is a go-getter! Ever time she is out on the court she gives it her best effort. I am very proud of her!

It was a great day overall. After a hectic morning, I came home and took a nap. :) I'm also grateful for a family who will let me do that and has been super patient with Mom's nausia, mood swings, and exhaustion. Not that I'm complaining about those symptoms, in fact, I'm thrilled at every reminder that I'm pregnant and that the pregnancy is viable. I had my first doctor's appointment this past Thursday. With my history of miscarriage, my wonderful doctor went ahead and just did and ultrasound. There was my precious baby, its heart beating like crazy and its body wiggly wonderfully! Tears ran down my face, and the nurse wiped at her eyes. The doctor was excited about how great things looked as well, and he had a hard time taking measurements because the baby wouldn't stop moving! Hooray! He was finally able to get the measurements, though, and baby is right on track. What a huge miracle and blessing! I'm like a giddy first-time mom with this pregnancy, showing anyone who will indulge me the fuzzy ultrasound pictures that barely even look like a human. Funny how much you can love a fuzzy little sorta-human looking blob!! I even tried to scan the ultrasound pics to post here, but couldn't get the scanner to work for some reason. I'll have to try again later, since I'm sure you're all very anxious to see the fuzzy little thing as well! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Leann I am so excired for you guys! COngrats! Congrats! Let me know when you find out what your having? Ihope is a boy so Taylor will have a brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, LeAnn! I know what you mean about people commenting. Your blog is really fun and I am excited to learn that you are pregnant! Hope you and Tim have a great anniversary.

    ReplyDelete