So far since school got out, we've been pretty busy! We spent almost a week in the Provo/Orem/Lehi area, for the Special Olympics and to spend time with family. In addition to the Special Olympics games and activities, we took the kids swimming, had lunch with a lady I had taught on my mission and her husband and kids, spent a fun-filled evening at the park with family, and celebrated my birthday on Sunday with a yummy meal together (thanks, Tami!). We came home on a Monday, and I flew to San Diego on Wednesday to help my mom for a week after her extensive neck surgery. Getting a week with my mommy all to myself was great! So was the peace and quiet of her home and the beautiful community she lives in. And it was fun to take care of HER for a change instead of vice-versa. :) But, it was also great to come home. I'd never been away from Tim and the kids that long, and I was missing them something fierce! Since then we've gone miniature golfing and toured Brigham Young's summer home in St. George, hung out at the lake with my sister's family, and spent a rainy, crowded, but very fun and educational afternoon at Zion's National Park. Today Tim and Taylor headed up to scout camp in Payson for a few days, and next week we are making the long trek to visit Tim's parents in Nebraska.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about being busy! In fact, I'm loving it. I think maybe we're trying to make up for last year's horrible summer that I spent in bed, not able to go anywhere or function at all. I'm sure I'll be ready for the crazy, unstructured, traveling, staying-up-late days of summer to end in month or so when school starts. But for now, I'm just enjoying it, grateful for a body that can heal from back surgery and function once again. And most of all, I'm thankful that it is this summer and not last summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun! Let me know where in Nebraska you will be. Chad is working in Omaha so we are here spending the summer with him. Drop me an email darcy@theheathfamily.us Darcy
ReplyDeleteLove your blog! Keep enjoying your summer - stay healthy and have a safe drive to Nebraska! Love you, Camille
ReplyDelete